The Institute of Advanced Research (IAR) is an innovative modern university, which offers professionally focused undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree programs. IAR was established in 2006 with the support of the President of India Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, who inaugurated the Institute, and the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, who was then the Chief Minister of Gujarat. The University is financially supported by the Puri Foundation for Education in India, established by Professor Nathu Ram Puri, who is a leading industrialist in the UK with manufacturing and other businesses worldwide.
- The University is a not-for-profit institution and its sole purpose is to promote world-leading education, research and innovation for young people nationally and internationally.
- The basic objective of the IAR admission policy is to identify meritorious candidates for admission to various programs in General/OBC/ST/SC/PWD & EWS categories.
- The admissions will be on merit basis. Merit list will be prepared based on the percentage of last qualifying examination.
- University offers all Govt. Scholarship schemes and its own Scholarship scheme to the meritorious students. University also offers financial support to the applicants from the weaker section of the society as per predefined policy.
3 A. Undergraduate Programs (UG) Non-Professional (B.Sc./B.Com./BA)
The student seeking admissions to: Under Graduate Program must have passed any of following
- 10+2 level examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Intermediate Science or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with minimum of five subjects.
- For B.Sc. Physical Sciences program the candidate should have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science stream or with minimum any 2 of the following subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
- For B.Sc. Biological Sciences and biotechnology program the candidate should have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science stream with minimum any 2 of the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology, mathematics is optional
- Candidates seeking admission in B.B.A. (is this a non-professional course) are required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science or commerce discipline.
- Candidates seeking admission in B.A. (Economics) are required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from any discipline.
- Candidates seeking admission in B.Com. are required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science or commerce discipline.
- Candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations with English as one of the subjects.
3 B. Postgraduate Programs (PG) Non-Professional (M.Sc./M.Com)
The student seeking admissions to Post Graduate Non-Program
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in respective discipline under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern of education from any recognized University from relevant disciplines.
- Final year students awaiting final year results are encouraged to apply. Final admission will be subject to the successful passing of the Bachelor’s degree and as per the merit list of ACPC in case of MBA Admission.
3 C. Undergraduate Graduate Professional Programs (UG) B.Tech and MBA (MBA is a PG program)
The student seeking admissions in Undergraduate Program (B.Tech )
- Admission Eligibility for Degree Engineering Courses: The aspiring candidates should have passed Std. 12 (Science Stream) with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST and SEBC) in three subjects viz. two compulsory subjects i.e. Physics and Mathematics and any one of optional subjects i.e. (Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subjects prescribed by respective boards) from single board and should have appeared in GUJCET or similar qualifying exams as per the guidelines mention on website for Admissions Committee for Professional Courses, Govt. of Gujarat to be eligible for the admission.
- For admission in the first year of Degree Engineering after Std. 12 (Science Stream) on State quota seats of Self Finance Engineering Institutes and surrendered seats of management quota of Self Finance Engineering Institutes will be carried out as per admissions rules Government of Gujarat. For more information about the online admission process for the academic year 2019 visit website: http://www.jacpcldce.ac.in/be.asp
The student seeking admissions in Postgraduate Professional Program (MBA)
- Students seeking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program need to possess Bachelor degree from UGC recognised university and passed entrance exam as per the guidelines provided on the website for Admissions Committee for Professional Courses, Govt. of Gujarat to be eligible for the admission.
- University department follows admission procedure as mentioned on the website: http://www.jacpcldce.ac.in/mba.asp
University provides limited hostel facility on first cum first serve basis. We have separate hostel facility for boys and girl. The students need to apply for hostel facility while confirming his/her admission. The applicable hostel fee including mess charges for the entire year is payable at the time of admission. The university hostels are allotted as per rules and regulations of university and university reserves the right of admission.
In case of campus hostel facility is full university will recommend/allot hostel accommodation with outside service providers having MOU with the university. The charges for the same will have to be paid in advance at the university office. The charges for outside hostel facility may vary as per the choice of facility opted for.
University provides canteen and cafeteria facility within the campus at the separate cost to all students. The mess facility is not mandatory for students allotted with hostel facility with the outside service provider.