Acquire Expertise in the Area of Your Interest
Established in 2017, the Department of Engineering and Computing at the Institute of Advanced Research, University, Gandhinagar is a dynamic unit with an aim to provide quality and application-based knowledge to the engineering students.
Program Offered in Engineering at IAR
At present, the department offers specially designed 5 undergraduate (B. Tech.) degree programs.
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
Our programs cater to the need of both industry and research. Moreover, making students strong in engineering principles along with problem-solving, teamwork and communication skills necessary to succeed in private and public sector careers. Each specific branch has highly qualified faculties and concerned staff with a mission to introduce and train our students in cutting edge technologies. Along with that, IAR not only aims to make the students technically sound but also to impart them the qualities of professionalism and leadership.
Students in the first two semesters follow a common curriculum irrespective of their branch. Thereafter, from the third semester, the curriculum is designed to give them the comprehensive knowledge and expertise of their chosen field.
At IAR, the credit requirement for B. Tech. Degree Program is 160-164, which comes from the Program Core courses, Program Electives, and Open Courses.
Educational Objectives of the Programs
- To prepare students for successful practice in diverse fields Engineering and in the fields of societal expectations on time
- To prepare students for advanced studies in Engineering and its allied fields
- To ensure our students are recognized for excellence and leadership and selected for high-ranking industrial, academic, government and other professional positions
- To develop students’ skills and awareness to become socially, ethically and morally responsible individual in all the challenges they take over in our communities
Expected Outcomes of Programs
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solve engineering problems
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to communicate effectively
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
Additional Activities and Initiatives
- Industry Collaborations
- Seminars and Forums
- Guest Lectures and Industry Visits
- Annual Science and Start-Up Conclave – eUReka
- Internship and Placement Opportunities
Enrol today for the course of your choice and create your own future.
For details visit www.iar.ac.in NOW. You can also reach us via Call/WhatsApp: 72777 70757.