How the Department of Engineering & Computing at IAR Stands Out!
The Department of Engineering and Computing established in 2017 has a dynamic organisational structure with an aim to provide quality and application based knowledge to the engineering students.
At present, the department offers specially designed five undergraduate degree programmes (B.Tech).
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
Our programs cater to the need of both industry and research, moreover making students strong in engineering principles along with problem-solving, teamwork and communication skills necessary to succeed in private and public sector careers. Each specific branch has highly qualified faculties and concerned staff with a mission to introduce and train our students in cutting edge technologies. We have also a concern to develop our student’s not only technically sound but also to impart them the qualities of leadership.
All our faculty have a doctorate from top universities in India and abroad with most having several years of experience overseas. Many of them also have research patents against their names. Moreover, our education programs are designed & updated by the faculty based on the latest knowledge & research at IAR & other world-leading universities.
Students in the first two semesters follow a common curriculum irrespective of their branch. The credit requirement for the B. Tech degree programme is 160-164, which comes from the Program Core courses, Program Electives, and Open Courses.
Program Educational Objectives
- To prepare students for successful practice in diverse fields Engineering and in the fields of societal expectations on time.
- To prepare students for advanced studies in Engineering and its allied fields.
- To ensure our students are recognized for excellence and leadership and selected for high-ranking industrial, academic, government and other professional positions.
- To develop students’ skills and awareness to become socially, ethically and morally responsible individual in all the challenges they take over in our communities.
- An ability to identify, formulates, and solve engineering problems.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
For more information about the engineering programs at IAR visit: www.iar.ac.in/bachelor-of-technology.
Admissions are now open for 2019 intake. Aspirants of B. Tech programs are can apply online at http://application.iar.ac.in/applicationform.aspx.